Yahoo mail keeps crashing - learn how to fix it
07 Sep 2022
Is your Yahoo mail keeps crashing and do not know what to do to fix this? Just read the blog till the end as here we have discussed some valid reasons that lead to this error. Besides the reasons, you can also check a few troubleshooting tips to fix this fault as quickly as possible. But first, let’s have a short introduction to Yahoo.
Worldwide, Yahoo mail keeps crashing is popular for its secure and amazing email services that have been assisting millions of businesses and individuals in managing their professional and work-related information through emails. Yahoo comes with a set of simple features and options with the help of which, many can send, receive, and handle their emails with ease and comfort.
The effective email services of Yahoo are incredibly compatible with windows, Android, and iOS. Users can download and install the app on their devices and use it to send and receive emails. Undeniably, Yahoo is a great way to manage work-related emails; nonetheless, many users still face technical issues while operating a Yahoo account. If you are having issues while operating a Yahoo mail account then, we are here to help.
Here in this blog, we have shared some possible reasons with you and apart from the valid reasons, you can also see some troubleshooting tips that will help fix the error.
Yahoo mail keeps crashing - how to fix it?
There could be many reasons behind this error and a few of which are still hidden. But you do not have to worry at all as here we are going to cover all possible valid reasons that make your Yahoo mail account keeps crashing or opening and closing. Just keep reading the crucial information below.
Why does Yahoo Mail keep crashing? What are the possible valid reasons behind this?
- Your browser is not of the latest version and also, it is not compatible with your Yahoo mail account - The web browser you are using to access your Yahoo mail account is not updated to the latest version. Using an outdated browser can lead to hurdles because of which, you may not able to operate your Yahoo mail account smoothly and easily. You can update your browser to the latest version.
- Harmful viruses and malware software must have been installed on your device - viruses and malware can also make your Yahoo mail account function unexpectedly. This is one of the most common reasons that can lead to your Yahoo mail account keeps crashing. You can use effective tips to remove the viruses.
- If Yahoo mail keeps crashing then, it must be because of the Firewall enabled on your device - Turning on the firewall on the computer device can disable many features or software or applications. Because of this, all the applications malfunction. You can turn off the Firewall on your device and try logging into your Yahoo mail account again.
- Application bugs can also be responsible for technical errors in the Yahoo mail account. In this situation, you can wait for some time and try again later. You can again log into your account and start sending and receiving emails.
- Many Yahoo mail features can not be accessed due to a bug or some technical glitches in the Android System Webview.
- Inadequate memory on your smartphone - In case your memory of the phone is full then, you may face some difficulty in operating your Yahoo mail account well. Make sure your device has enough memory to launch and operate your application well.
- Excess app data and cache.
Troubleshooting steps and techniques to fix Yahoo mail keeps crashing:
1. Fix the Glitch in Android System Webview and Chrome
A bug in Android system Webview can cause your Yahoo mail account to work improperly. To fix this bug or technical error, you can see the steps to follow:-
- First, you will have to go to the ‘Play Store app from your smartphone.
- And then, In the search box, you will have to enter ‘Android System Web view and tap ‘Search.’
- After this, you need to tap on the result and choose ‘Update.’
- If you find that ‘Update‘ isn’t available, go to the next step.
- Then, you can enter ‘Google Chrome‘ and tap ‘Search.’
- Tap on ‘Update.’
You can follow the above steps to fix this error. You need to just follow the steps carefully and install important updates.
2. Configuring the privacy setting can help to fix this issue easily
In order to fix Yahoo mail that keeps crashing and opening and closing, you can see and follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, you will have to find or navigate the “Settings” of the app and then, choose “Calendar” present on the page’s left side.
- After this, you will have to tick the option of “Let apps access my calendar.”
- And once the settings are altered, start your device again to see if the settings are getting reverted or not.
- Try to access Yahoo Mail.
- If your Yahoo Mail version is outdated, you need to update it to its current version and then reaccess the mail.
3. To fix the crashing issue of Yahoo mail, you will have to check and configure IMAP and POP settings
You can open a new Yahoo account, enter save these settings:-
imap.mail.yahoo.com is Yahoo mail’s IMAP server
- 993 is the port number
- Input ‘Yes‘ in front of IMAP TLS/SSL.
- Your Yahoo Mail ID is your IMAP username
- Your mail password is your IMAP password
smtp.mail.yahoo.com is the SMTP server of Yahoo Mail
- 465 or 585 is the SMTP port number
- Type ‘Yes’ in front of SMTP TLS/SSL
- Your Yahoo Mail ID is your SMTP username
- Your Yahoo Mail password is the SMTP password
4. Deleting App’s cache and Data can also be very helpful in fixing the issue
In case, your Yahoo mail account issue has not been resolved yet even after following the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips then, it could be obvious that there is something wrong or unusual with App’s cache and data. You will have to clear the app’s cache so that it can work better and easily let users send and receive mail on your Yahoo mail account.
Just see the procedure below to do so:-
- For this, you can go to your phone’s settings and tap on it.
- Go down and choose ‘Apps and Notifications.’
- Search for the Yahoo Mail app and tap Enter.
- Go to “Storage” from the app menu. Tap on it and select ‘Clear cache.’
- After that, choose ‘Clear Data.’
- After that, you can again log into your Yahoo mail account by providing valid login details such as username, and password.
5. Refresh the memory of the Yahoo mail app through force stop
When you force stop the Yahoo mail application then, it refreshes the memory of the Yahoo mail app and because of this, it makes the app function better. See the steps below:-
- Go to your phone’s “Setting”.
- Then, you will have to choose “yahoo mail app” and then, select “force stop”.
- After the above is followed successfully, you can restart and log in to your yahoo mail app again.
6. Reinstall your Yahoo mail app again to fix this error
Reinstalling the Yahoo mail app again is one of the best ways to fix the issue of “Yahoo mail keeps crashing”. This step can easily resolve this issue and you can again log into your Yahoo account.
- Go to the “settings” of your phone.
- Choose “uninstall”.
- Then, go to the play store of your device and search for the app.
- Install the app again on your device.
7. Disable firewall
A firewall can also prevent many features of apps and applications from being accessed. So it would be better if you disable the firewall.
8. Log out of your Yahoo mail from other devices.
Is there problem with Yahoo Mail today?
No, Yahoo has not reported any error or technical glitch today. But if you are facing any issues then, you can wait for some time and try again later.
Why does my yahoo email keep closing?
There may be many technical reasons behind this such as bad internet, full memory of the device, firewall enabled, etc.
Why does my yahoo Mail keep crashing on my iPhone?
You can read the possible reason here above in the blog. We have provided some effective tips to fix the error also.
Why does my yahoo email keep crashing on my Computer?
Insufficient memory, technical error in the server of Yahoo, etc. Just read all possible reasons and troubleshooting tips above.
Why does yahoo mail app keeps crashing on android?
Technical glitches, lack of sufficient memory of your device, etc.
The End Note
Why does Yahoo mail keep crashing? If your Yahoo mail keeps crashing or when you open the Yahoo application on your device and you find difficulty in using it just because it is opening and closing regularly then, of course, there must have been some possible reasons behind this issue. Above we have discussed why this issue keeps occurring and how it can be resolved effortlessly.